Re: Inspiron 8000 IDE bus speed

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 10:42, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> On 15 Jan 2002, Simon Wong wrote:
> > I have noticed on booting that I have a message saying that an IDE bus
> > speed of 33MHz is being assumed.
>
> That's 33MHz *PCI* bus speed. Even if it says IDE everywhere near it.

    Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
    ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
    idebus=xx

> > As far as I know the i8000 has a 66MHz bus speed.
>
> That's unlikely. It may support UDMA-66 mode for the drives.

Sorry, I seem to have that mixed up.  It does support UDMA-66 for the
IDE drives.

I'll look at the doc on hdparm further to see if it's worth trying -X66
to get some more speed.

Thanks.

--
* Simon Wong *