Re: Laptop recommendations

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 08:58:14PM +0530, Muthukrishnan, Ramakrishnan wrote:
> Serge Rey wrote:
> >
> > are you looking to buy while in the u.s., or while you be buying before
> > you travel? if the former, you might want to look for good deals on
>
> I am planning to buy one after reaching US. Laptops are prohibitively
> expensive in India.
>
> > thinkpads (like an x20 or x21). i picked up one there with a 3 year
> > warranty for about $700 less than retail. runs debian like a champ.
>
> I am a bit unfamiliar with the US stores etc. YOu mean to say, online
> stores? or the normal stores? If online, could you please suggest some
> stores?

sure. ebay is an on-line bidding/auction site. http://www.ebay.com
it is a good idea to read the entire add for an item before bidding.
i've never had a problem in any auctions i've been involved with, but
reading the entire add has alerted me to sometimes fine details (i.e.,
payment options, shipping costs and times, auction type) that can be
important.

if you have specific questions about ebay (i.e., non-debian-laptop) feel
free to contact me off list and i'm happy to help.

--
Sergio J. Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
Q: "Have you lived in Europe all of your life, Jean?"