Re: dual boot on a Dell Latitude C810?

On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 21:31:01 EST, David Z Maze writes:
>Klaas Gadeyne <Klaas.Gadeyne@mech.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:
<wipe preinstalled OS>
>> - Trouble for performing BIOS upgrades (anyone can tell me what BIOS
>>   these machines have anyway?)
>
>I believe they have a custom Dell BIOS, which is shared between the
>Inspiron and Latitude lines.  Recent 2.4.x kernels include a driver to
>access the fan and temperature state in the BIOS; the i8kutils package
>in unstable might be useful to you.

The BIOS-upgrade for one of our Inspiron's came on a bootable CD...

For every other upgrade I've seen it was a DOS-executable, so with a
 DOS-bootdisk at hand you would be fine.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /