Re: thinkpad no video on boot

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Serge Rey wrote:

> in the past i noticed that i could get back to the cursor faster from a
> cold boot than from a recovery from hibernation. so i rarely used
> hibernation. i wonder if other folks experience the same relative timing
> of booting versus recovery from hibernation?

Nah, hibernation, when it didn't lock up (which admittedly was almost every
time, since for < 1 hour I'd probably have suspended) came back pretty
quickly for me - booting is pretty slow, and hibernation never involves a
fsck, whereas from time to time, booting is guaranteed to (unless you're on
a journaling fs, but then you have pm issues, what with the cache being
bypassed to guarantee atomicity, or something...)

Hmm - I see the sig generator is in semi-psychic mode again :)

--
"Am I missing something else? The same configuration is working fine elsewhere
(albeit with a different OS, computer and network)..."