Re: Solved (was: Re: Newbie Question (again (: ))

Le Mercredi 21 Novembre 2001 14:44, Derek Broughton a écrit :
> On November 21, 2001 04:40 am, Ines Rieger wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > > I have a GR150K which also have a SoundMAX (according to
> > > windows).
> > >
> > > I've tried alsa and OSS with recent 2.4 ac kernels.  The
> > > ac87/i810 modules will load and report the presence of the card
> > > but /dev/mixer and /dev/dsp don't seem to work correctly.
> > > If you cat a bunch of bytes into /dev/dsp it will make modem-like
> > > noises but it doesn't seem to support the ioclts of xmms etc..
> > >
> > > As soon as 2.4.15 is out (with ac merged in) I was going am going
> > > to look deeper into this.  First thing to do is turn on debugging
> > > for the ac87/i810 modules write some test code and send the
> > > results to the maintainer.
> > >
> > > Anyone ever had any success will SoundMAX on VAIOs?
> >
> > YES! ((: Finally, I got it working. The sound module i810_audio
> > works perfectly with a SONY Vaio FX203K and a SoundMAX. I think,
> > it'll do for the most VAIOs with an i8xx-chipset.
>
> OK, so Ines says it works with i810_audio, and Sam (?) says it
> doesn't - what's the difference?  My Dell i2500 also has an i810, and
> gives exactly the same results as noted above - the modules are
> loaded and reported to work (and the error on /dev/dsp when I log
> into kde goes away) but  no sound :-(

I have the same problem on my vaio GR114EK
i810_audio works only when i move my usb mouse (same IRQ) else i have an
error of DMA timeout.
if another device activate the IRQ  the i810_audio seem work correctly...
maybe a problem of IRQ signal to the card by the driver??

Cyrille