Re: tpconfig

Hi Derek!

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > I manually start gpm on the console. - It works right for me here.
>
> That is as informative as the tpconfig documentation.  Explain

:o) Sorry..
I disable GPM, while working under X. - The mouse goes bananas all
over the desktop, klicking wild and doing funny thinks. Though - it's
no work possible.

> not?  What use would it be on a console, anyway?  I _did_ try this
> configuration, and it didn't work at all for me.  I have no

Sure you diabled gpm under X?
It works very fine here for me (Dell Inspiron 8100, touchpad or serial
mouse, or usb-mouse).

> /dev/input/mice

It's intendet for USB-mice.
mkdir /dev/input
mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63

X can handle more then one inputdevices.
Read the docs.

HTH
--
Regards, GR                                  | GnuPG-key on keyservers avaible
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...                      | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'