Re: tpconfig

Hi Daniel!

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Daniel D Jones wrote:

> Dell Inspiron 8100 running woody.  The touchpad is so sensitive that it's
> almost unusable.  I'm constantly clicking when I mean to only move the mouse.

You've got to use the following settings in your XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

And you should disable gpm for your mouse on the console.

I manually start gpm on the console. - It works right for me here.
--
Regards, GR                                  | GnuPG-key on keyservers avaible
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...                      | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'