Re: tpconfig

On November 14, 2001 09:21 pm, Daniel D Jones wrote:

Yuck!  I wish people wouldn't do that on mailing lists....

> Dell Inspiron 8100 running woody.  The touchpad is so sensitive
> that it's almost unusable.  I'm constantly clicking when I mean to
> only move the mouse. I found tpconfig, which is supposed to let you
> set the parameters of the touchpad, but have found very little
> documentation on it.  Is anyone succesfully using it?

Nope.  Delete it right now!  Forget the GPM mouse.  Mine (a 2500) is
simply configured as a PS2 mouse.  I still can't get anything to act
like a third button, but its a heck of a lot simpler than trying to
fight with GPM (check your syslog - it's full of garbage, along with
numerous warnings that it discarded signals).

Here's my InputDevice sections.  I've only just noticed that I still
have the Touchpad pointing at /dev/gpmdata, even though gpm is gone,
which makes me suspect that it's simply a matter of both devices
using PS2Mouse.  Now maybe if I put "Emulate3Buttons" in the PS2Mouse
section...

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"PS2Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"