Re: sis630s and X

Hello,

I think, I have the same problem. I have ASUS A1360 laptop with SiS630
What I found at the www.linux-laptop.net is a page
http://www.retepnet.it/alfmar/pxnsoa.html
where it is reported that EVERYTHING worked fine in VESAframebuffer mode
and standard XF86free_SVGA driver.

You can try to read it as well.

The only BAD news - I did exactly what was written and did not get
anything, except the so called
"White liquid bug", when my LCD-panel becomes white and there is no way
to do anything, except blindly switch to another console and type
"reboot".

Without VESA framebuffer I also have only a "part" of my screen and it
does not look like 1024x768.
BTW, can you run it in any other resolution?

Probably we have to ask for help the author of that web-page

Let me know if you have any results with it a.s.a.p, because it is a
real pitty that I have this NoteBook and cannot use it because X fails.

Best regards

Roman