Re: testing installation - problems with PCMCIA network Card

the fact that you have to do a pcmcia start eth0 is surprising. you might
have a corrupted script file. you can try purging the current pcmcia-cs and
then reinstalling it again (unless you have tried it already). I had a look at
how the pcmcia scripts run and it looks like, on boot or on card insertion
the cardmgr looks for the card from the card database which is in
/etc/pcmcia/config and then loads up the corresponding driver for it. It
also recognizes the class of the card and so in your case should bind the
card to the class network and so eth0. the /etc/init.d/pcmcia script should
call the network script automatically which is /etc/pcmcia/network. but in
your case it seems that the class of the card is not recognized and so you
have to force it to recognize it as eth0. try looking at the messages (i
forget whether its  /var/log/daemon.log  or kernel.log or messages) and see
how the cardmgr deals with it.

also the howto and other pertinent info is at:

htt://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net

let us know how things work out.

renchi