Re: testing installation - problems with PCMCIA network Card

From: "Renchi Raju" <renchi@h.tam.uiuc.edu>
> what does your /etc/pcmcia.conf say
>
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 08:21:46PM +0100, Dominik Schwald wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 1. November 2001 20:18 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> > > That doesn't _necessarily_ work.
> >
> > Well in my case it worked.
> > But i don't understand why it's necessary to start pcmcia by myself if
> > i configured pcmcia well and also got the basesystem via ftp with my
> > pcmcia network card.

I don't understand either.  if  "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" worked for you,
it _should_ be being done at boot time.  Use update-rc.d to fix the links in
the rc*.d directories.

> > > I have to do "/etc/pcmcia/network start eth0", which I suppose I
> > > _could_ add to init.d but that seems wrong, somehow.  What am I
> > > missing that should be executing this automatically when
> > > "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" executes?

My /etc/pcmcia.conf doesn't say much   :
PCMCIA='yes'
PCIC="i82365"
PCIC_OPTS=""
CORE_OPTS=""
CARDMGR_OPTS=""

So I figured I probably should have something in there, but I haven't found
a document yet that tells me what :-(
The readmes for pcmcia-cs DO point to a HOWTO at Sourceforge, but the link's
wrong and Sourceforge's search doesn't find PCMCIA-HOWTO
--
derek