From: Gabor Nagy [mailto:linux42@freemail.c3.hu]
Sent: 10 October 2001 22:00
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: framebuffer

Hi!

Do anyone use framebuffer on something like this:
ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x (rev 64)
This is a Compaq Armada M700, if maybe someone else has the same (what
about the built-in winmodem then?)

The ati mach64 fb driver starts happily with this card, but all I got
was the whole panel going white.

I could log in (without seeing a thing) changed the videomodes with
fbset, but couldn't get a barely readable output.

Do you know anything about possible differences between a CRT and an LCD
display timings? I suspect I wouldn't need all that information related
to an electron beam.

Regards
Gee