APM suspend/resume problem on Toshiba Satellite 2800DVD-C302

Hi,
	This might have been posted before, but I couldn't find it in the
archives...
	I'm having trouble getting apm to work on my laptop. apm -s (suspend)
works (although slightly differently than Windows), and when I resume, the
following occurs:

	* the display remains blank
	* the network is down
	* the system responds to the keyboard

	By restarting the interface, I can get the network to respond, so I am
able to ssh in from another machine and take a look. I can manually activate the
backlight, but the screen is displaying patches of multicoloured vertical bars.
It seems that I can make a particular device work by resetting it (pcmcia,
sound, etc.,) but I have not found a way to reset the display.
	BTW, I am suspending from the console.
	I've played with the different kernel options for the apm module, but
they seem to be geared toward working around a machine that totally hangs; in
any case, I have had no luck changing these settings.

------------
# uname -r
2.4.5-586 (this is the debian kernel-image-2.4.5-586 package)

------------
apm options:
CONFIG_APM=m
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

	Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? I can provide more
information on the system, if needed.

-Mike Alborn
malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org
http://odoitau.dyn.dhs.org

--
Don't shout for help at night.  You might wake your neighbors.
		-- Stanislaw J. Lem, "Unkempt Thoughts"