Re: Debian and XSGA+ displays

On 2001-08-14 Bruce Stephens wrote:

> Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
>
> > I gather that some newer laptops (the Toshiba Tecra 8200 and the
> > latest Sony VAIO) include an "SXGA+" display capable of more than
> > 1024x768.  Anyone have success stories getting these running under
> > Linux?
>
> Some Dell Inspirons have an ATI mach64 and a 1400x1050 screen, which
> work fine (that's what I'm using at the moment).  I don't doubt that
> other laptops work just fine.

It also works fine with the Nvidia GeForce2 shipped with my Inspiron
8000.  I'am really happy with the 1400x1050 resolution fitting in a
15" screen while being fully legible (more than 1600x1200 on a
high-end 22" CRT monitor).

The Inspiron also can stretch its display to make it fit the screen.
It is quite awful for 1280x1024 (very sad aliasing), but nice for
1024x768.

Andréas

--
Andréas Saudemont <andreas.saudemont@laposte.net>