2.2/potato + 2.4.4 kernel on Toshiba 8100?

I'd like to experiment with some USB stuff that requires the 2.4.4
kernel. I've built 2.4.4 on top of a 2.2/potato desktop system using
the ~bunk updates and everything seems to be working ok.

But my laptop is really my production system, so before I go making a
mess of it :-), I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has tried and
experienced success or failure?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--