Re: APM under 2.4

* Andreas Tille (tillea@rki.de) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have observed changes in the behaviour of APM on my E-Series
> Lifebook afgter upgrading to Testing + Kernel 2.4.  Formerly the
> Notebook did a suspend after closing the Display (or pressing the
> little sensor wich detects closing).  This is not the case anymore.
>
> Moreover a halt doesn't switch of the box (this is also true for all
> my desktop PCs I used with kernel 2.4) regardingless whether I use
> CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF or not.  This really bothers me that
> code which worked since several 2.0./2.2 kernels doesn't work now :-(.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

   Hi Andreas,

 I had this problem on my notebook, too. It turned out that I set CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF, but
forgot to set CONFIG_APM=y (it was "m"), so I either had to do "insmod
apm" or recompile the kernel. I apologise if you already looked into
this possibility, but you didn't provide more info.

 Regards,

Alex

You shall no longer take things at second or third hand...
nor look through the eyes of the dead,
nor feed on the spectres in books.
You shall not look through my eyes either,
nor take things from me.
You shall listen to all sides and filter them for yourself.
                        --Walt Whitman