APM under 2.4

Hello,

I have observed changes in the behaviour of APM on my E-Series
Lifebook afgter upgrading to Testing + Kernel 2.4.  Formerly the
Notebook did a suspend after closing the Display (or pressing the
little sensor wich detects closing).  This is not the case anymore.

Moreover a halt doesn't switch of the box (this is also true for all
my desktop PCs I used with kernel 2.4) regardingless whether I use
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF or not.  This really bothers me that
code which worked since several 2.0./2.2 kernels doesn't work now :-(.

Kind regards

        Andreas.