Re: ssh2 and non-stable

Heather, Daniel, Drew and list.....

Drew pointed out that ssh2 is the commercial version and only handles SSH2
on it's own.  I installed ssh (unstable package ) which is the OpenSSH
version and chose to replace my old config files with the ones in the
package, and it handles both SSH2 and degrades to SSH1 automatically.

Somehow when I thought I'd installed ssh (unstable) before, I guess I
really hadn't, even though I thought the version number changed to 2.x, I
never saw the 'protocol versions 1.5/2.0' in the ssh -V version report
when I checked so it couldn't have been this version.

Live and learn - thanks guys.

brew