Re: update: PCMCIA "make all" errors

On Friday 23 February 2001 19:27, Heather wrote:
> Bud:
>
> me:
> > > something. It would have been nice to see it fixed, and maybe
> > > someone else will. You should let IBM know you had to send it
> > > back and why, so they can perform better testing.
>
> Bud:
> > Actually I still have it. I don't think anything is wrong with the
> > card.   The pcmcia-cs documentation says "support is experimental
> > and unreliable."
>
> Hey, what do you know, accurate documentation.  Sigh.  Guess it's
> time to see if the developer writing the experimental code is doing
> it completely blind and would like to toss some further experiments
> your way to bang on. Or if he actually doesn't have one himself and
> could really use the card.

Good point which hadn't occurred to me.  I assumed lack of cooperation
from IBM was the problem and left it at that.  I would gladly donate
the card to the developer if he doesn't have access to one.  It isn't
doing me any good.  Or I would serve as an alpha/beta tester of new
code if that would help.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.