Re: Netgear FA510 trouble

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 01:18:20PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> xsdg wrote:
> > However, I have all of my cardbus/pcmcia stuff compiled into the kernel.
> > The tulip driver is compiled as a module for the reason stated below.
>
> Are you using Kernel version 2.4.0? I am using 2.2.18 (with Potato
> 2.2r2) and there seems to be no built in PCMCIA support. Also, I heard
> that 2.4.0 doesn't seem to be supported very well on Potato.
Yes, I am using 2.4.0.  I have not heard this, but if it's true, you may want to move up to sid...just wait a few days after packages are released to install the new ones :o)  Any way...if you know that the card works, you may want to try installing 2.4.0 in addition to your current kernel and trying the pcmcia bit.  If it works out, you can decide what you want to do...if it doesn't, then you can decide what you want to do :o)

> Felix
	--xsdg

/ What has four legs and an arm?                    \
\      A happy pit bull.                            /
/    http://xsdg.hypermart.net|xsdg@softhome.net    \