Re: Netgear FA510 trouble

"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have trouble getting the Netgear FA510 Cardbus Fast Ethernet Card to
> work. While "cardctl ident" reports the correct card I cannot ping
> another computer connected via a cross over cable (but it works in W2k).
> I attached some data below.
>
> I appreciate any suggestion,

What version of Debian do you use?

I've had similar problem but with different card and I think it's not
related to the card itself. The problem is in pcmcia initialization
scripts. I did solve it somehow ~8 months ago. However after recent
upgrade to unstable, problem disappeared.

To find out you can do following: boot linux with the card taken out,
then when system is operational, put the card in. If it works, then
it's the same problem I had.

Good luck,
Peter.