Re: orinoco (WIFI) Gold Lucent Tech - PC24E-H-FC PCard

Quoting Thedore Knab on Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 02:01:17PM -0500:
> I recently purchased my first wireless card.
>
> The card is detected under the default kernel in debian rev4, but not under the 2.4.17 kernel.
>
> I assume that I am missing a module or something.
>
> Can someone that is using the Orinoco Gold Wireless card send me a copy of their 2.4.x .config file ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Ted

The 2.4.17 kernel has the excellent hermes orinoco_cs drivers you can
use which work here very well.  They are located in:

Network Device
---------------
Wireless LAN (non-hamradio)

YOu will want the hermes drivers and also you need to read Jean
Tourhilles excellent howto and get the wireless tools on the system.
Also note you need to select pcmcia/cardbus operations in the general
setup and then enable teh Hermes PCMCIA cards support (new).  Jean
Tourhilles readme discusses the drivers, configuration, and other stuff
pretty well.

I don't have the url handy but you google it.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org