Re: Dell Inspiron 4000 touchpad problem with gpm

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 07:40:41PM +0100, J?rg Mensmann wrote:
> Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilm.nlc.no> wrote:
> > I'm sitting here with a Dell Inspiron 4000 myself, and the mouse works
> > perfectly, both in X and gpm. I'm running sid, gpm 1.19.6-5 and X
> > 4.1.0-11.
>
> Mhhh, with your settings I only get totally random movement from the
> touchpad. Strange since it's the same version of gpm.
>
> Also I would prefer synps2 as protocol because there I can make special
> settings regarding the touchpad (emulate right/middle clicks by tipping
> the corners).

I had similar problems with my laptop and desktop as well. Do you have
GPM setup to auto-repeat the mouse? If so, turn it _off_. Repeat
protocol works fine in a text console, but causes X to become
_extremely_ erratic...

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
The Infobahn Offramp <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>