Re: Installing via serial line

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:27:44 +0100
Josef Dalcolmo <dalcolmo@vh-s.de> wrote:

> Serial line installation is extremely slow. I would recommend the parallel
> port (PLIP) connection. There is a Howto, and although some of the stuff was a
> bit outdated, I managed to install Debian 2.0 on an old machine that way. It's
> been a while, so I don't remember too many details.

    Thanks, Josef. I've found this HOWTO on linuxdoc.org and it works
  for potato 2.2r4, so I have now Debian on HP Omnibook 4000CT =)
  Also I've disabled NFS v.3 on host machine, I think it (NFS v.3)
  was another problem.
    BTW, serial line works too, but I can't transmit files from
  mounted NFS directory. It tries to transmit and hangs.
  Pings are working both ways.

--
 Batalov Grigory,
 computing engineer.