Re: apm support changes 2.2.19 > 2.4.16

$kernelversion says 2.4, and /vmlinuz is a link to /boot/vmlinuz which is
identical with /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage.

This should not be the case, I'm def. booting 2.4.16

bye
micha

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 13-Dec-2001 Michael Hothorn wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I switched from potato to woody on my thinkpad i1200. APM support worked
> > for t 2.2.19 very well. Installing 2.4.16 with the same options
> >
> >       <*>   Advanced Power Management BIOS support
> >         [ ]     Ignore USER SUSPEND
> >         [*]     Enable PM at boot time
> >       [ ]     Make CPU Idle calls when idle
> >       [ ]     Enable console blanking using APM
> >         [*]     RTC stores time in GMT
> >         [*]     Allow interrupts during APM BIOS calls
> >         [*]     Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off
> >
> > After booting the new kernel, apm says: Kernel build with no APM
> > support. /proc/apm does not exist!
> >
> > append= apm=on in /etc/lilo.conf does not change anything
> >

> I hate to ask this, but are you booting the right kernel?  Any chance you are
> booting Debian's by mistake?

   Linux is user friendly, it's just a bit picky about it's friends....

   Michael Hothorn
   Institute for Clinical Radiology
   University of Heidelberg
   Tel: 0049(0)621 383 2276