Von: cayet d [mailto:cayet.d@wanadoo.fr]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2001 16:32
An: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Betreff: external model on a Thinkpad 380 XD

I want to use a U.S. Robotics 56 K external modem on my Thinkpad 380 XD, on
my Laptop i have Windows and Debian potato with a nonus 2.2.17.
My modem is recognize and run on Windows, but on Linux wvdial don't run the
modem.
when i use : setserial -g -a /dev/ttyS0 the system see that a device is
connected, but wvdial writes that it can't run the modem.
Excuse for my english and thank you.