Re: irda on a Inspiron 8100... (fwd)

>>Hi, I was just curious if anyone's been able to get the irda working on an
>>insprion 8100. If so, what chipset is it and how do i go about configuring
>>it?! Any help to this would be greatly appreciated, I know i'll prolly end
>>up needing lirc, I just don't have a clue how to configure it. One thing I
>>did find out though, whenever I'd start lirc, my laptop would lock
>>up...anyone else expierience this? Once again, thanks in advance!

waldner@beren:~$ cat /etc/irda.conf
#irda.conf Version: 1.0
ENABLE=yes # if you don't need to start irattach, set "no"

works here. I've set the IrDA-port do COM4 in the BIOS and the speed to
 slow. Debian testing, kernel 2.2.20.

/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /