Re: pcmcia-network problem

> well now ifconfig shows me all the right parameters it should show and

Glad I could help.

> my network card is blinking a lot when i try to ping someone but still I
> cannot reach the net (no ping comes back).
> Plz have a look at my config-files.

> ps sorry for the long file... didn't want to use lame attachments

Well... lame attachments would have been a little easier to parse :-)

Cardctl and ifconfig look right.

> /etc/pcmcia/network - file

I doubt this is different from the original supplied file.

> /etc/pcmcia/network.opts - file

>     # Host's IP address, netmask, network address, broadcast address
>     IPADDR="160.45.117.144"
>     NETMASK="255.255.255.224"
>     NETWORK=""
>     BROADCAST="160.45.117.159"
>     # Gateway address for static routing
>     GATEWAY="160.45.117.129"

This looked a little suspect to me but it appears not only is the gateway
(deneb.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de) reachable from here, so is 160.45.117.129
(gast304.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de).  So the big question is: Who do you think
you are?  If you're not gast304, you're trying to use somebody else's IP and
it's no big surprise you're not having any success.  otoh, if that's you,
you're on the net because I can ping you :-)

>     # Things to add to /etc/resolv.conf for this interface
>     DOMAIN=""
>     SEARCH="spline.inf.fu-berlin.de inf.fu-berlin.de fu-berlin.de"

Nice to see that that matches who I found :-)

> /etc/pcmcia/config.opts - file
> /etc/pcmcia/config - file

should be fine