Re: Thoughts on network detection and configuration on Debian

After three evenings I still get "network unreachable" and "eth0 - no such
device" messages on my new Woody installaton (I admit not knowing much about
these things)

Trying Knoppix (based on Potato+Testing) it detects and configures my DL-650
PCMCIA card in no time automatically, and I can browse the web with no
configuration tweaking at all.

Couldn't Debian use Knoppix' hardware detection and configuration stuff? - it
is based on kudzu (RedHat), but obviously Knoppix has already made the changes
for the Debian way of doing things.

- Josef