Re: TP 760el sound

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 hlawson@triad.rr.com wrote:

> I'm playing with an old Thinkpad 760el, but I've no clue on
> getting the sound up and going on this computer.  Can anybody
> help?  I haven't found anything in the obvious places.

Well, one more round of assiduous web-searching did the
trick.  Why oh why do I lose hope and beg for help just before
the search pays off?

Here is the solution:

#add these lines
alias midi opl3
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 esstype=0

#add these lines

#add following line
exclude irq5
#this keeps my SlimSCSI card from going after irq5

And I installed the 'dcd' deb package to play CDs.  I have a
fairly minimal install on this computer.
Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina