xfree video-configuration

I've recently bought my first laptop computer, the Best Millenia C, fearing that the X video-configuration would turn out nasty. And in fact it did...

I've got the sis630-motherboard with the agp-graphics chipset with the same name built in. This card seems to be supported (at least if XF86Setup is to be trusted). The install script of the svga-something xserver didn't succeed in configuring itself either...

Is there another tool for configuring in the potato distibution? And how about resolutions, what can i expect of an 1024x768 XGA 14'' LCD/CRT display?

By the way, i'm running the stable-dist of debian...

thanks

Max Koszela
max.koszela.4377@student.uu.se