Re: Problem with configuring PCMCIA linksys pc card for network installation

"Mike G" <mrgayeski@students.wisc.edu> writes:

> I have a NetgearFA111 card that gave a similar message, it turns out that I
> needed to upgrade the PCMCIA-CS packages. Try grabbing the packages from
> woody or sid. I copied them onto a floppy and installed them onty my laptop
> from there, since I also did not have a cdrom. Dont forget to get the right
> pcmcia-modules package too.

wow, you have that card up and running?  I wanted to "upgrade" to a
cardbus card and tried the FA511 but couldn't get it to work.

What kernel version do you use?  Did you compile pcmcia support into
the kernel?  Did you pick pcmcia-cs from unstable?
When I bring up the card by hand, ifconfig shows that the card is
sending packets but never receiving anything.  Also, the vendor is
0xffff and lspci calls that illegel...

Thanks,
  -tom