Re: Problem with configuring PCMCIA linksys pc card for network installation

> cs: memory probe 0x0d0000-0x0dffff: clean.
> eth0: pcnet_reset_8390() did not complete.
> pcnet_cs: sorry, the AX88190 chipset is not supported.
> pcnet_cs: unable to read hardware net address for io base 0x300

I have a NetgearFA111 card that gave a similar message, it turns out that I
needed to upgrade the PCMCIA-CS packages. Try grabbing the packages from
woody or sid. I copied them onto a floppy and installed them onty my laptop
from there, since I also did not have a cdrom. Dont forget to get the right
pcmcia-modules package too.

> If you need any more information, let me know. I really appreciate any
help.

When was your card made? If it's a newer model you probably need to upgrade
the packages like I said. PCMCIA cards go through revisions and they often
keep the same name, which breaks things :/     Check
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS to see if your card is
there.

Hope that helps.

----