IBM Thinkpad A30p - Opinions, Possible Problems etc?

I was originally looking at a toshiba Tecra 9000 for a new Laptop to fit my budget of $5000 CAD.  I recently came across the IBM Thinkpad A30p which i can squeeze into the budget as well.  I'm favouring this over the tecra now for a few reasons (133MHz Bus instead of 100, ATI Radeon 32 MB instead of some other garbage, Video in/out as opposed to tv-out only etc etc..)  Does anyone know of any problems running linux on this model or have any opinions on IBM's w/ Linux as opposed to other Laptop Manufacturers?

TIA
Andre