Re: kernel & PCMCIA compilation

On 11 Nov 2001, Brian P. Flaherty wrote:

> Harry Palmer <harrypalmer@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
> > I'm a bit confused with how this works in Debian (in spite of the
> > "we've greatly simplified this with Debian's kernel-package" etc
> > etc....).

I'm wondering if there is a kernel-image package that
incorporates pcmcia so it 'just works' out of the box.  RH 7.0 as
installed on my thinkpad 380ed 'just works' with pcmcia, but I
couldn't get a Debian potato install to do this.

Is it necessary to compile from sources to make pcmcia work?

--
Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina