Re: testing installation - problems with PCMCIA network Card

Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2001 22:01 schrieb Renchi Raju:
> on virtual console 2, try lsmod to see what modules are loaded. then
> rmmod axnet_cs if already loaded. try modprobe tulip_cb or modprobe
> pcnet_cs and see which one works for you (see mesgs on console 3/4) .

okay. well i didn't find lsmod anywhere - i think its not part of the
system at that point of the installation.

i was able to unload axnet_cs and to modprobe both: tulip_cb and
pcnet_cs.
I also did a modprobe -d to see the debug information, but never got
anything looking like a problem.

Well, the problem is, that debian still tells me that i don't have a
network card installed...

Bye, dominik