Re: 16 bit PCMCIA devices

Sunny Dubey [dubeys@bxscience.edu] wrote:

> Is anyone aware of the band width limitation of a 16 bit pcmcia device ??  Or
> does that band width limitation not matter if I plug the card into a 32 bit
> card socket??  (or am I completely wrong?)

as said before it ain't going to make any difference, but because a 16bit
card is as good as an ISA card you will be lucky to get more than 1.2Mb/sec
through the bus and more importantly your CPU usage will hit 100% as the CPU
waits to rip data off the bus.  Hence why 32bit cards are nicer ;)

Alex

--
( BOFH excuse #119:         )