Re: Recognizing Kernel Update to 2.4.12 -- CORRECTION

> You need to untar the source:
> root@hostname:/usr/src# tar -xvzf <kernel-source-whatever-filename>
> After that, change the directory name to 'linux', so that your
uncompressed,
> untarred sources are in /usr/src/linux:

The usr/src/linux directory that was missing before has been created,
apparently
for some reason a reboot was necessary for it to show up.

Problem:

I only have linux-2.4.12.tar.gz file in /usr/src ...

"find -name *2.4.12*" only finds

"linux-2.4.12.tar.gz file in /usr/src"

What is wrong, please?

I have tried everything I have found in man, doc, etc.  Nothing seems to
successfully extract the 2.4.12 kernel-source everyone keeps referring to.

Thanks!  Doc