Re: CPU (Bios?) Lock with 2.4.12 on OB XE3

On Monday 22 October 2001 22:10, Martin Skøtt wrote:

> > i have a problem with my HP Omnibook XE3. The Computer locks on random
> > times completely. No SysRq, no Keyboard Led's (e.g. Caps-Lock On/Off).
> > Nothing... Sometimes it works fine for a couple of hours, and sometimes
> > he works only 45 Minutes... until complete Lock
> > [...]

> It sounds very much like the problems with my IBM T22. Very anoying. I
> tried (on advice from this list) to disable SpeedStep, but it didn't help.

There is a known problem with some exemplars of the Savage/IX-MV chip
which results in locking completely under X.

See http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html keyword "Scrolling hang".

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##