WinModem driver for Tecra 8200?

Well, I am disappointed to discover that my new Tecra 8200 has a wonky
winmodem.  (I had been holding out some hope that it would be a Lucent
winmodem and I'd be able to get drivers for it.)

Does the following output from lspci tell anyone anything?  Does
anyone know of a driver for the thing in this laptop? Or if one is
being developed?

00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation: Unknown device 2446 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
        Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device 0001
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: I/O ports at ce00 [size=256]
        Region 1: I/O ports at cd80 [size=128]