Re: advice take two (but laptop specific)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:42:47PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> I forgot to mention that from a laptop user's point of view, the windowmaker
> dock has a huge number of "system watcher" style applets made for it.  Dialers,
> battery monitors, cppu load checks are all the rage.  There are some others
> too, eg CD player gadgets.
>
> Many of such "dock apps" can be run without windowmaker happily, and have a
> small size - in bits as well as screen estate.  So if you have a Desktop
> need, but not enough memory in an already full laptop for the big Desktops,
> you can certainly make do with those.
>
> fvwm has an ability for a button panel which can also serve, and as my Magio
> has a 9" screen, I do find that handy.    But whichever one you pick, you
> will do yourself a big favor if you install the package named 'menu' as
> it will have debian automatically make the menus keep up with your installed
> package list.
>
> * Heather Stern * star@ many places...

I'd agree with the  menu package recommendation, It's cool. You can
still make modifications to your menus which debian will leave alone,
Although I want to configure it to not add menu items of things only
root can run. They are sort of pointless.

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it