installation with no floppy or CD?

I recently ordered an IBM thinkpad X21 (it hasn't yet arrived), which has
neither CDROM drive nor floppy drive.  Is there any way to boot into linux
(and then do run the installation) without booting either from a boot
floppy or from a CD-ROM?

On MacOS (my desktop) there is a program called BootX, which allows you to
boot directly from MacOS into linux, which makes it possible to install
linux with no discs involved.  Is there anything like this for windows, or
some other sort of bootstrapping method I could use (e.g. maybe a grub
installer for windows)?

Any hints as to how to install debian on this computer would be greatly
appreciated.  If I can't do a pure net install without a floppy drive, I'll
just have to borrow a floppy drive (from a friend of a friend), but I'd
definitely prefer to be able to do it without that.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/