Re: Dell Latitude - Screen problems

On 11 Oct 2001, Patrice Neff wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently bought a Dell Latitude CPt and it runs really nice now. I
> have only one problem with the screen. In the middle of the screen
> there is a very thin vertical bar. I usually don't see it unless I
> have a black background. I'm not really sure if this is an X problem
> or if the screen is defect. But I believe it's X because the bar isn't
> there during computer initialization or in the BIOS.

Sounds like X - at least not a physical LCD problem. Could still be
something wrong with graphics in general that doens't crop up in textmode,
but I doubt it.

What version of X, accalration (DRI) turned on, other details of
interest, etc etc?

Is the video card on those ones a ATI rage?

--
TimC -- http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~tcon/

     .-.
     /v\    L   I   N   U   X