Re: advice take two (but laptop specific)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:42:47PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> I forgot to mention that from a laptop user's point of view, the windowmaker
> dock has a huge number of "system watcher" style applets made for it.  Dialers,
> battery monitors, cppu load checks are all the rage.  There are some others
> too, eg CD player gadgets.
>
> Many of such "dock apps" can be run without windowmaker happily, and have a
> small size - in bits as well as screen estate.  So if you have a Desktop
> need, but not enough memory in an already full laptop for the big Desktops,
> you can certainly make do with those.

interestingly enough, on the desktop i switch between icewm and
windowmaker every few months (hey, linux is all about choice right).
however, for the past 4 months i'm overseas and relying on my lappie for
all my work. i find that i like windowmaker much more than icewm on the
laptop. i think it has something to do with the relative size of the
dock apps on the laptop versus the desktop, but this could just be a
personal quirk of mine.

--
Sergio J. Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
GPG fingerprint =  16DB 4934 E0F1 B386 AE81  D379 914C 33E5 F690 95DF