Re: CDRecord USB IomegaZipCD650

> >>cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder
> >>found on this target.
>
> Things to check:
>
> 1. It's a SCSI device. (this should be true, since USB mass storage is
> 2. You have the "generic" SCSI device driver loaded. (sg module, or built-in)
> 3. The "generic" SCSI device node exists for the device. (/dev/sg*,
>    don't know with DEVFS, but it should just work(tm) )
> 4. Your CD Burner is actually supported at all. (check the homepage of
>    cdrecord, search the net, etc.)

Yes on all above questions but this one : looked at the cdrecord home
page just 2 min ago. It is not in the supported nor UNsupported pages

> 5. Force a driver with the 'cdrecord driver=XXX' option.
>    -- find out which drivers exist by running 'cdrecord driver=help'

dmesg:
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
* sg0 is actually the dev that I can use sg0:0,0,0

> You may have luck using the 'scsi2_cd' or 'mmc_cd' drivers. Otherwise,
> try to find out who iomega bought the hardware from and which driver
> works for that sort of drive...

tried mmc_cd/r and many more with no success.
cdrecord: WARNING: Trying to use other driver on known device.
cdrecord: Cannot attach driver for CD/DVD-Recorder.

As for the hardware, well I'll keep looking around, thanks anyway
for this rapid answer !

--
OpenPGP 0x9A3D4CA1
http://pgp.mit.edu http://www.keyserver.net