Re: Toshiba portege 7000CT

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 07:40, Cheshire, Neil N SITI-ISES-56 wrote:
> Which driver are you using in XF4.1.0? Have you tried "vesa" ?

It autodetected as the neomagic driver, I tried no other

> My laptop has the trident chip but I had to use vesa to get any
> display at all. Although in 4.1.0 I now get a little corruption so
> have gone back to 3.3.x .

I used Goldberg's X-3.3.6 setup today, and that kicked in. I found a note
from <someone> about setting up in the BIOS (hold down ESC while booting to
get to it) the PCMCIA controllers: if it's set to PCIC
it works. I also had to tweak the text of /etc/init,d/pcmcia for the 2.4
kernel; it needs to be happier about modprobe. I'll file that as a bug.

cheers, Rich