From: Dan Radovsky [mailto:dradov@operamail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 04:21 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: problem reaching remote server

Up until last week I've had no problems connecting to the internet on my
debian 2.2r3/toshiba laptop via eth0 using a dhcp client with my home dsl.
But
since I began using ppp to make a dialup connection at my office (which
works
just fine), I just cannot now get a remote server whenever I connect to the
dsl. I can ping to my gateway dsl router and beyond, as long as I know the
dotted quad address. But any names just don't get resolved. I've check every
resolv.conf I can find, but they all seem to be okay. I'm somewhat confident
it's just a configuration thing -- but I wouldn't bet my life on it. Any
hints?

Thanks,
Dan Radovsky