Re: What to choose

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:29:02AM -0400, TEETER,VINCE (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
> It would also be cool to have better general, high-level doc about Debian.
> There is no shortage of details, but I still have no concept of what the
> various pieces are.  Please don't say to read all that highly detailed and
> often repetative doc.  This would be like saying you need to read the
> complete jacket before playing a CD.

Not that this is a complete answer, but I wrote up bits of what I
knew when evangelising about Debian to my friends, and came up with:

  http://www.igidr.ac.in/~ajayshah/COMPUTING/debian-principles.html

I'm no Debian guru, nor am I a focused tech writer. This grew out of
email techsupport for my friends. Comments, suggestions, improvements
welcome. :-) My friends are all geeks who can read the man pages, so
my text emphasises concepts.

        -ans.
Ajay Shah                                                  ajayshah@igidr.ac.in
Associate Professor, IGIDR                 URL http://www.igidr.ac.in/~ajayshah
<*(:-? - wizard who doesn't know the answer.