Re: Text-Browser LINKS: Character Set to Show Mutated Vowels

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001, Schoppitsch Dieter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 'LINKS' is my favorite (textbased) browser on my (old) laptop.
>
> Unfortunately the german language uses mutated vowels (umlaute) -
> ie. an U with two points on top.
> LINKS shows this as 'U:' (which is not really nice)

in my version of links (it's 0.96) I can choose the character set

Menu: Setup - Character Set - ISO 8859-1

if you can't find this I'd guess it's time for an update

wolfgang

ps: could you explain to me what this has to do with Debian and laptops?
a better place to ask would have been eg at.linux