RE: Debian install to subnotebook

>How did you install Win2k?

Put the CD in a desktop computer on the network, copied the relevant folders
over the network to the Vaio hard drive, and ran the install from within Win
ME.

>This link may help with the WinME/DOS problem:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/

Thanks, I will have a look at it, though that presumably is a WinME-specific
solution, and now we have installed Win2K, so this probably won't work. At
this stage, if we have to reinstall Windows anyway, it may be easier to just
install Win98 (or DOS), then hoe that we can prevent Win2K from blowing away
lilo.

Luckily, it is a new computer so there is no problem in completely
reinstalling Windows at this point.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce